Friday, November 10, 2006

Living on Live Valcano - Jharia, Part1

It was Dec,2004. I was in Jharia, Dhanbad (Jharkhand) for my 1 month long examinations. We were al-together 5-6 frdns. So, we took on room in Upari Rajabari with the help of Baiju (son of my father's frnd).
As per my interest, soon I started mingling with locals there. I can't forget the facts they told me. I saw one hole on main road near Jharia bus stand. Thick smoke was coming out on 24x7x365 basis. I was not able to understand, what is really going on??? Why ppl are living there??
Locals told me that govt. has already ordered to evacuate Jharia. But, then why people are living there.?
After some interaction with Baiju he promised me to show some Valcano (???) areas. The whole night I was not able to sleep & imagining what would be the scene there ( I was making imagination based on the stories told by locals there).

I was fully ready to go there. The first thing Baiju shown me was Jharia Railways Station which was closed due to frequent non-alignment of tracks & so on. Then we reached one area where nothing was there but Black Ashes. Smokes were coming out from each & every place. Hey.... what is this..... what those guys are doing there/?????? Oh............. My god....... come on............. they are playing cricket.....
The first question came to my mind was Where these guys are living??? Will u beleive they all were living there only... They shown me there houses.... There were hardly any home in which somke was not coming out form small or big hole...

I started thinking Does these scenes matching to my imaginations........ No way... I think locals were very poor in explaing the right picture...like me only......

No comments: