Saturday, February 17, 2007

Down the Memory Lane - I :: Bangalore

We all were so tired. Everything was shaking, after a long journey of Patna to Bangalore via Madras in unreserved coaches. We were almost 9+7+3 or 4.............. One guy fell on track itself....

After coming out we were guided to bus stand by strangers. Bus stands were a bit in round shape. Soon we got a bus. Oh, my god what a speed................. Some got the seats, some shared & still some stood up.......... We were just trying our best to look inside & outside to get a feel...... but at such a speed in young night, I was hardly getting anything. What I got was roads were big [wide], not much of traffic..... unhhhhhhh ya & lots of trees....

We got down at one place. Almost, no people were there..... our head instructed us to count ourselves.......hey 1 was missing........ My head was smart he had noted the bus no. He took another bus & instructed all of us to go inside a big gate..... we entered & sat down on cemented area..... We were very serious about that guy......... soon our head returned with victory...

He leaded us inside.... it was a stadium..... big stadium...... I had never seen such a big stadium........... But, no one was there... our head started shouting....... Koi Hai........... again Koi hai........... I asked my head permission for shouting............... Is there anyone........ Anyone here........... then I shouted 'Munde', 'Yen Ri'.......... one man appeared............. Ha ha... I was the winner...... He approached us.... My head introduced him ......... It was already I think around 9pm or so....... he showed his helplessness in arranging foods but he arranged one big hall with lots of metal cots... & he also guided us to a down-lane just opposite to stadium.. where we ate a different kind of Dosha with so delicious chatni......... we also purchased Modern bread & Jam from a small shop 'Sri Devi'.....

While retuning my head asked me what u shouted....... With a winning smile I replied I shouted in Kannada...... he just looked at me with a Great smile.......... After returning in hall some of my frnds asked me about my Kannada knowledge then I told them how I learned some words from an eng. student who was a Bihari & he was with me in whole journey........



Then a ................Good Night.................

No comments: