Saturday, February 17, 2007

Down the Memory Lane - II :: Bangalore

***Kindly, read Down The Memory Lane - I :: Bangalore before this post.

It was bright sunny morning
in a new World.... Everything was new. I had never seen such fresh air......... Aaaahhhhhhaaa.....slow, fresh, juicy. ............ hey, who are those people. ......... o my god so many people.... ok..... ok........... these are another teams.... O my god..... fast fast..... we have to get ready for inaugural session of National Baseball championship.

With all other team we Bihar team participated in march-past & all other events...... Being a good NCC cadet I was given charge to lead (???) last row & leftmost column so that even if some guys do some mistake it does not look rubbish...... I had never performed any kind of march-past in front of
so big crowd.... it was just like a dream..... dream which came true....

After inaugural session, match started........ I can't recall exactly with which team was the first match, but when we were playing some very important person came. We were instructed to line-up............. I don't know whether he was S.M. Krishna or Devi Gauda or someone else but I think he was definitely then Karnataka CM. First he met with our opposition just standing opposite to us & then he met our head & then our head started introducing him with us...... I was just thrilled when he shook
hand with me with a big smile.. then with manoj just standing after me... Manoj was the youngest in us..... suddenly he received a pat on his back from that VIP for being youngest......... me the poor....... all thrill went off in dreaming of being youngest........... ok..... then match started again........

*********

We had a great lunch.... especially I can't forget that fruit halwa.... ... hosts were so religious in serving us....

In each & every match which we were not playing we used to keep shouting despite lots of exertion... 'pitcher-pitcher roll the ball', homer-homer...... like that.....

During tea time everyone were having tea, since I don't I was just standing there... One person came to me and asked 'you don't want anything' no I said.. why? If you want I can avail you milk............. yummmmmmmmm milk...... yummmm.... hunn... I want....... he went inside stall & quickly offered me a glass of hot milk......... I was so happy........ & my every frnd including some new from other teams were wondering.... & they tried their best....... they went to the same person & urged for the same........ No...... no...... it was for him bcaz he was not drinking tea... u all were driking so we can't offer you............... huoooo huoooooo .... I was the king..... ok... prince........

Before official dinner we had decided to have that Dosha & yummmmmm chatni again....... so, after dinner we all ran to Chatni Man....

During afternoon we have visited nearby areas............. whatever we used to see were like we were watching it on TV.... clean roads, so much of trees everywhere........

I think Bangalore was really beautiful in March 1993....... the month & year I arrived here for first time for participating in Sub-junior National Baseball Championship. The 'big stadium' was I think Cantireva or Cantiriva or like that & that 'a bit round shaped' bus stop was majestic. And that different Dosha was I think Set Dosha but where is that yummmy chatni.........


Thanks & Regards

No comments: